Thursday, March 15, 2012

I had a very productive day today in everything other than beading.  As you get to know me you will see that I Love technology and gadgets. 
The latest gadget I got arrived from Amazon today.  It is the sensor for your I Phone from Nike.  It is like a pedometer on steroids.  I got it to keep track and to motivate me to walk.  I already had the I Phone and needed the 20.00 sensor to put on your shoe.
This is what it looks like.
You can attach it to your shoe/sneaker with velcro, buy a little pouch that attaches to your laces, or you can spend money to buy Nike shoes with a hole under the sole of the shoe to place the sensor.  I went for the 5 dollar pouch.
Once in/on your shoe you walk around a little bit, start the app on your phone,  select the playlist you want to work out to and you are ready to go.  You can also select the type of work out you want, open ended, timed or a distance goal.  At one point it asks your weight so the calories burned can be tracked.

Today I went 1.58 miles, walked that is.  Since the sensor arrived today, I figured I would shoot for 30 days in a row.  Did you know that you can build a habit in 30 days?  Taking Oliver for a walk is killing two birds with one stone.  I am getting some much needed exercise, and Ollie is getting tired out. 

The only Beading I did today was to choose seed beads for the Tree of Life Cuff.  As you can see from the photo above, I chose copper chain for the last cuff.  This time I am going with a pewter color.  I will gather all of the supplies tomorrow and share with you all of the components that will be used in the cuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment