Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Welcome to The Glass Bead Tree.
My name is Stacy Weeks Schoell and I am a glass bead Artist.  My passion is making glass beads and designing jewelry.
I have been doing crafts since I was in my early teens.  However I found my medium the day I made my first bead.
I still enjoy other crafts from time to time, however I am always adding one of my glass beads.

I live in New Hampshire with my family.  We recently added Ollie, a golden retriever puppy, to the family. 
This is one of my favorite photos of Ollie, my daughter Mackenzie took the photograph.  She is an avid photographer.

This is a photo of Ollie on his first Visit to the Ocean. 

Since we got Ollie, I have been busy finding ways to keep him busy and tired so we can make it to the studio to make some beads. Since he is a puppy and wants to taste everything, I can only bring him to the studio when he wants to nap or chew a bone in his crate.  There are too many glass rods that would not mix well with the pup.
That being said, it is nap time and time to head to the studio to make some beads. 
I have a couple of orders and need to make some Robins and eggs for the Robin Lariat. 
t

On a last note:
The last couple of days I have been talking to and visiting with family and friends.  It seems that the topic of what inspires us to create keeps coming up in conversation. 
It could be an image you see in a catalog or magazine.  One friend chooses a color each day.  I like choosing something from nature.  Spring has been on my mind.  You can see that in the new line that I created using leaves, Robins, and eggs.
So if you are looking for something to inspire you today.  Choose a color of spring to get the creativity flowing.  I have chosen Spring Green.
That being said I am off to the studio.
Enjoy your day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment